MOST POPULAR FESTIVALS/EVENT:
Filipinos are always glad to find a way to make merry and celebrate even the smallest things. We see this in the various festivals and fiestas that occur every day in the country with displays of beautiful parades, smiles on everyone’s face, and elaborate costumes.
Some of these festivals last for some days, week and can even be up to a month, so you have no worries as it’s close to impossible to miss out on any festival in case you are interested in attending one.
So, here is our list of the most popular festivals in the Philippines and the places where you can participate in making merry with the Filipinos.
- Sinulog Festival- third Sunday of January
- Masskara Festival- third week of October
- Pintados Festival- 29th of June
- Panagnega Festival- February
- Dinagyang Festival- fourth Sunday of January
- Moriones Festival- holy week
- Kadayawan Festival- third week of August
- Pahiyas Festival- 15th of May
- Ati-Atihan Festival
- Bailes de Luces- 5th of January
SUMPTUOUS THINGS TO EAT IN THE PHILIPPINES:
Here is a list of top 14 foods every first-time visitor here should try:
- Chicken Inasal
- Pork Sisig
- Crispy Pata
- Chicharon Bulaklak
- Pancit Bihon Guisado
- Puto at Dinuguan
- Sans Rival
BEST PLACES TO GO IN THE PHILIPPINES
This list includes top six places to visit for the first-time visitor and even for those who had gone in the past but want to have a more amazing vacation experience during their next visit.
- Palawan: This is always on every visitor’s itinerary. If you came to the Philippines to feed your eyes with beautiful beaches and islands, this is where you’ll experience most of it.
- Cebu: Here, there are beautiful waterfalls, A-class resorts, white-sand beaches, and the Metro Cebu – somewhere to soak in some history about the Philippines.
- Bohol: You can visit the popular Bohol Chocolate Hills, visit the beautiful beaches in Panglao, Loboc River Cruise, Tarsier sanctuary etc.
- Dumaguete and Negros Oriental: snorkeling, diving and swimming with sea turtles in Apo Island.
- Cordilleras: There are also incredible highland landscapes in the Philippines. You’ll find the most attractive natural landscapes in Cordilleras, as well as landscapes, mountain summits, and waterfalls.
- Ilocos: This is where to find the most perfectly cone-shaped volcano in the world. You can as well swim with whale sharks in Donsol and there is decent surfing in Daet.
There are still more places to explore beyond these places. There are over 7,000 islands in the Philippines, so you should trust that there are numerous places you can visit.